The recent announcement made by the City of Philadelphia prohibiting large public events through February 2021 does not affect the activities of The Philadelphia Orchestra at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts or at other privately-operated venues in which the Orchestra regularly performs. Learn more about the Orchestra's new fall season here.
The health and safety of all is our top priority during this time.
Patrons with tickets for 2019-20 performances that were cancelled due to COVID have until Friday, August 21, 2020, at 11 PM to select from the following options:
- Donate your tickets. Show your support and help keep Your Philadelphia Orchestra strong by donating your tickets back to The Philadelphia Orchestra. Learn more.
- Credit your account. Receive a credit to your Philadelphia Orchestra account for future use.
- Contact Patron Services to discuss the additional options available to you.
Ticket donations and account credits can be completed in My Account or by contacting Patron Services at 215.893.1999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go To My Account
In appreciation for donating your tickets, we are offering:
- An I The Philadelphia Orchestra button to proudly wear to show your support when we all return to Verizon Hall.
Three easy steps to donate your tickets:
- Click the “Go To My Account” button
- Log in to your account
- Complete a very short form
Learn more about ticket donations
Please contact Group Sales at 215.893.1968 with any group ticket questions.
Please be aware that Patron Services are responding to a high volume of e-mails and your inquiry may take longer than normal to answer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
As the situation develops, please check this page for updates.
Important updates and frequently asked questions from the Kimmel Center are available here.
Updated: August 17, 2020