The Young Friends of The Philadelphia Orchestra membership program brings together dynamic young adults, between the ages of 21 and 40, in the greater Philadelphia area with a love for music and a burgeoning interest in exploring arts and culture. As a Young Friend, experience the magnificence and exquisite beauty of the world-renowned Philadelphia Sound from the best seats in Verizon Hall.
Join the Young Friends program today and your membership will entitle you to the following:
- Special savings on tickets for the best seats using promo code YOUNGFRIENDS
- Invitations to special Young Friends events
Are you already registered as a Young Friend of The Philadelphia Orchestra?
Register as a Young Friend of The Philadelphia Orchestra.
For information about our Young Friends Create-Your-Own 4 subscription, click here.
To view our past Young Friends events, click here.
Young Friends may select and purchase the best seats in the house and receive special ticket savings! Ticket prices are $30, $45, $60, $75, or $90 depending on the performance you choose, and all fees are included.
- Must use promo code YOUNGFRIENDS when purchasing.
- Browse the concert(s) you wish to purchase from the calendar and click Buy Tickets
- Enter promo code YOUNGFRIENDS before selecting your seating options
- Select your seats or choose "Best Available" and continue through to checkout
- Most Philadelphia Series and Holiday concerts included. (Philadelphia Series concerts are all concerts in the Philadelphia Orchestra season except for those listed below.)
- No additional fees on Young Friends tickets.
- Limit two tickets per concert per membership may be purchased under the Young Friends price. Additional tickets at the regular price will include all normal fees.
- Any section of the house with a lower ticket price than the young friends price will remain at that lower price.
- Registration for this program must be completed online.
- Once you are a registered member, tickets may be purchased online, over the phone, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office.
- Family and Sound All Around concerts are not included in this ticket price because regular tickets for these performances are already lower than the young friends price.
- Special events such as Opening Night, and Academy of Music Anniversary Concert and Ball are not included in this ticket price.
- Concerts and their designations of Standard, Premium, Premium Plus, and Premium Special are subject to change.
- Ticket policy
- To be eligible for Young Friends, you must be between the ages of 21-40 prior to the start of the 2016-17 season.
- You must register via the registration page online to become a member. No registrations will be accepted at the Kimmel Center Box Office.
- The Philadelphia Orchestra reserves the right to check your ID to verify eligibility for this program.
- Young Friends ticket price is not available for Opening Night, and Academy of Music Anniversary Concert and Ball.
- Orchestra Box and Tier 1 Box seats are not included in the Young Friends price for concerts designated as Premium, Premium Plus or Premium Special.
Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
Standard — All concerts featured here are either $30 or $45 for Young Friends
After making a terrific impression in his debut with the Orchestra in 2014, Bolshoi Music Director Tugan Sokhiev returns for this stirring program drawn in part from strong Russian influences. Famous for its ingenious use of a “fate” theme, Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony progresses from a somber beginning to an uplifting, triumphant march in the final movement. It’s Tchaikovsky at his soulful best! We open with Anatoli Liadov’s depiction of a mythical Russian house spirit. And Oscar-winning Viennese composer Erich Korngold infuses his Violin Concerto with Hollywood flair; Frenchman Renaud Capuçon brings his “lean but velvety tone” to a score that lets you “all but conjure up the lovely Olivia de Havilland or the swashbuckling Errol Flynn.” (Los Angeles Times)
Premium — All concerts featured here are between $60 and $75 for Young Friends
Join us in this powerful season ending performance of Mahler's colossal Third Symphony, among the grandest works of all. The Symphony is massive—calling for mezzo-soprano, women’s choir, children's chorus, and full Orchestra. Hear what Yannick calls "…fascinating work of art."
Premium Plus — All concerts featured here are only $90 for Young Friends